The system catches Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus without any consent? Suffering from chaotic online activities? The PC performs much slowly? Keep reading this post and take step-by-step guide to thoroughly get rid of Lpmxp2014.com pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Lpmxp2014.com Pop-up Virus:
But it’s not advisable to click any icon or button on those pop-ups no matter how hard they claim that you need to update any program so as to continue your online activities. Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus could lead you to download malicious programs and even risky PC viruses. In addition, Lpmxp2014.com virus can introduce browser hijackers like key-find.com redirect virus to cause further chaos to the web browser as well as the system. On the other hand, this malware will consume a lot of system resources and slow down the PC performance. You could receive error messages when trying to open a desired program. Therefore, it is highly advised to remove Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus immediately to avoid unwanted annoyances.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lpmxp2014.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will replace the default home page and change other sites to its domains.
2. It modifies the browser settings stealthily and does not allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Lpmxp2014.com Pop-up Virus:
Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lpmxp2014.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage