Reactiveplayer.com pop-ups fill up the web browser? Cannot surf the Internet as usual? Suffering from much slow PC performance? Read this post and follow professional and fast guide to get rid of Reactiveplayer.com pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Reactiveplayer.com Pop-up Virus:
Besides, Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus may shut down your Internet connection, especially when you want to access security software related websites. This malware can drop unfamiliar add-ons to the web browser stealthily. In addition, it eats up lots of system resources and slows up the PC performance greatly. You’ll then have to wait for a long time to open a desired program. Even, you may receive error messages sometimes. What’s more, Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus could install new icons to the desktop to cause chaos and mislead you to download malware. All in all, you will find it hard to work as normal on the workstation with Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus inside. Hence, we strongly recommend that you remove this malware ASAP.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Reactiveplayer.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will not only change the default home page but also alter new tabs to suspicious windows.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and installs many add-ons stealthily.
3. It will disallow you to download security software or files to remove pop-ups.
4. It can modify system registry settings to activate itself on Windows boot-up.
5. It displays a lot of pop-up windows constantly, some of which could not be closed.
6. It adds new website shortcuts on the desktop to mislead you to download malicious programs.
Manual Removal Guide of Reactiveplayer.com Pop-up Virus:
Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Reactiveplayer.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage